YNPN St. Louis has a diverse membership supported by many disciplines of the nonprofit sector. Our members come from over 70 nonprofits in St. Louis and six universities. We would like to highlight one of our great members and active committee member, Eric Hansen, a CPA at Hansen CPA, LLC.
- What is your favorite place in St. Louis and why? I love Forest Park and everything in it. My wife and I take our kids there at least once a week. We also love to explore happenings around town. One of our favorite events is the International Festival at Tower Grove Park. Our favorite thing we're involved in is the Shakespeare Festival. We volunteer there however we can and enjoy taking in the show several times over the run.
- How did you get involved in YNPN? Emily Schell with MADD referred me to a #CoffeeWith9 event. It was Blog Out Loud that really got me jazzed.
- Why have you focused your career on the nonprofit sector? Nonprofits have enormous accounting and tax compliance issues that they face. I love being able to use my expertise as a CPA to help nonprofits have the best information possible for the board and for their grant makers.
- What advice would you give to young professionals considering a nonprofit job? Try to get a diverse group of backgrounds for your board. You never know what expertise you might need today. And utilize their networks.
- If you could pick the last meal you ate what would it be? Funeral potatoes!
- What do you hope to accomplish that you haven't yet? I'd like to be a partner at my firm. I'd like to travel. And we'd like one more kid.
- What has been your favorite YNPN STL event? Why? Blog Out Loud left me somewhere between speechless and "We get it. It was really good. Shut up already!" I had no idea how much energy St Louis Nonprofits have. It was electric.
If you are interested in being featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact us form.